In what year and by whom was your university founded?
• Our university was established in 1996 by İSTEK Foundation under the leadership of Bedrettin Dalan.
How can I study at Yeditepe University?
• Admission of students to the undergraduate programs of our university is done centrally by OSYM as it is in other universities in Turkey. The placement is made within the quotas recommended by the university each year and approved by the Council of Higher Education (YÖK). Quotas, scores and achievement rankings can be found in that year’s OSYS guide. There is no other way of admission to our university.
Are there departments that admit students via a special aptitude test?
• All departments at the Faculty of Fine Arts except the Gastronomy and Culinary Arts department admit students via a special aptitude test (drawing and interview). To be eligible for the Special Aptitude Test, students must score 150 or more on any of the YGS score types. You can review our link for pre-registration and exam dates for the students who will take the Special Aptitude test http://www.yeditepe.edu.tr/en/duyuru/2017-yeten-sinavi-online-questions.
What is the duration of education at Yeditepe University?
• We have undergraduate programs that take 4, 5 and 6 years.
Do you have two-year associate degree programs at your university?
• Two-year associate degree programs are not available at our university.
What score types are required for your departments?
• The Real Estate Development and Management, Customs Management and Human Resources Management affiliated to the School of Applied Sciences receive students YGS 6 score type while all other departments require LYS score types (MF - TM - TS - DIL).
How can I benefit from additional placement?
• Students are accepted to open quotas of universities after registrations with the Additional Placement System on dates announced by OSYM.
Can I study through vertical transfer at your university?
• Our university accepts students through vertical transfer (VTE). Information on quotas and scores can be found in the Vertical Transition Guide issued by OSYM every year in July.
What are the conditions for applying for lateral transfer?
• Three types of lateral transfers are possible at our University: Institutional, based on the Inter-institution General Placement Score and the Central Placement Score. Institutional lateral transfers may be made on condition that they provide transitional conditions announced annually to any undergraduate program in the university. Transfers cannot be made during the first two semesters and the last two semesters of the undergraduate programs. In order to make a lateral transfer application between undergraduate programs, it is required that the central placement score of the student's score for the undergraduate program that he / she wants to pass by the year of entry into the centralized examination is less than the minimum score of the undergraduate programs of other universities in the country equivalent to the undergraduate program. The time spent apart from the language preparatory class is included in the education period. In this context, the total length of education in two programs for a student who has been transferred from any four-year undergraduate program to another four-year undergraduate program cannot exceed seven years. The duration of education cannot exceed eight years for five-year programs and nine years for six-year programs. A second lateral transfer method is transfer based on the Inter-institution General Placement Score. The general rules and principles for this transition are announced once a year in June on the website of our university. You can visit the lateral transfers section on our web site for further details. The third type of lateral transfer is institutional and inter-institutional transfers based on the Central Placement Score. The general rules and principles of this transition are published twice a year, in June and January, and are announced on the website of our university. You can visit our Lateral and Vertical Transfers page for details.
What is the duration of education in lateral transfers?
• The time spent apart from the language preparatory class is included in the education period. In this context, the total length of education in two programs for a student who has been transferred from any four-year undergraduate program to another four-year undergraduate program cannot exceed seven years. The duration of education cannot exceed eight years for five-year programs and nine years for six-year programs.
Are there lateral transfers possible to programs that require special aptitude?
• In institutional lateral transfers to programs that admit students based on the Special Aptitude Test, candidates need to take the Special Aptitude Test in addition to the other conditions.
How is foreign language proficiency measured in lateral transfers?
• At Yeditepe University, candidates must be able to prove that their foreign language proficiency is sufficient to be able to apply for lateral transfers. The applicants must be successful in the TOEFL (computer based total 213, paper based total 550, internet based total 79) test (These documents are valid for 2 years from the date of receipt). Those who cannot submit the required TOEFL score must pass the English Proficiency Exam organized by the Yeditepe University English Preparatory School. For programs in German, French and Italian, the above conditions are separately set for each of the respective languages.
Can I become a guest student at your university?
• It is possible for applicants who are graduates or students of a higher education institution to take courses offered at our university under the status of "Guest Student" for information purposes without being registered in any program. Guest student acceptance is made within the framework of the provisions of the relevant legislation and the principles determined by the Higher Education Council (YOK). Guest students are given a certificate showing the courses and grades they have taken with their guest student ID. No diplomas are given to guest students. Those who register as guest students in our university cannot benefit from student rights during their education.
Do foreign students have additional rights?
• The acceptance of foreign students to our undergraduate programs is carried out within the framework of the relevant regulations provisions of the Higher Education Council (YÖK) and the principles and quotas determined by the University Senate.
What is your university's language of education?
• The language of education at our university is English. There are two programs at our university that provide training outside of English: The German International Business Administration program. Apart from the English program, the Political Science and International Relations has also a French program.
How can I make a double major and minor at Yeditepe University?
• A protocol has to be signed between the relevant departments for the double majoı and the minor. In addition to our undergraduate degree programs, our students are given the opportunity to study in a major program to allow them to have a second undergraduate diploma (double major) or a specific field knowledge in a different program within the university (minor). Students who want to do a double major (DMP) and fulfill the necessary conditions can apply the earliest at the third semester and the latest at the fifth semesters of the main program. Those who want to make a minor can apply the earliest at the third semester. Applications and petitions must be submitted to the relevant program management. For more information visit our Double Major - Minor page.
What are the admission conditions to a double major or minor program?
• In order to be able to apply to the Double Major Program (DMP) , the student must have a GPA of at least 3.00 over 4.00 and a placement score of not less than the base score of the related program for the double major program. The GPA must be at least 2.50 out of 4.00 in order to apply to the minor program. In order to start the DMP and Minor programs, a learning protocol must be signed between the relevant departments, which includes additional courses, equivalent courses and common courses, and this protocol should be accepted by the university senate. More detailed information on the implementation of the programs of the DMP and Minor programs can be obtained from the Yeditepe University Associate Degree and Bachelor Education and Training Regulations published on the website of our university.
The student may leave the DMP or minor program on his own request or under the conditions stipulated in the license regulations. If the student has left a DMP or minor program, he / she is not obliged to repeat the failed lessons in the DMP or minor program. The student who obtains the graduation right in the graduate program and completes the DMP program is awarded a second major undergraduate diploma and the student who completes the minor program a minor program certificate. For more details please visit our Regulations page for details.
Can I do a double major and minor as a scholarship student at your university?
• There is an average requirement of 3.25 out of 4.00 to be able to study a double major as a scholarship student. In order to make a minor program as a scholarship student, your general grade average should be 3.00 grade point average over 4.00.
For more information please visit our Double Major - Minor page
What is the minimum GPA required to continue a Double Major and Minor program?
• During double major education, the student's second major overall grade average may be reduced to 2.50 for one time. If the general grade average falls below 2.50 for the second time, the student is dropped from the second major degree program. In order for the student to continue to the minor program, the average grade in the major program must be at least 2.30. The registration is canceled from the minor program of the student who cannot provide this condition.
Can students leave their double major and minor programs if they want to?
• The student may leave the double major or branch schedule on his / her own request or under the conditions stipulated in the undergraduate regulations. If the student has left a DMP or minor program, he / she is not obliged to repeat the failed lessons in the DMP or minor program.
Do you have ERASMUS and Student Exchange Programs at your university?
• We have Erasmus and Exchange agreements with leading universities in the world, mainly in Europe, America, Canada, China, Korea and the Far East. Our university, which has 736 Erasmus agreements, also offers its students the opportunity to receive training and internship abroad. Our University is the first foundation university that took the European Universities Association Institutional Evaluation Program in our country. For more information please visit our International Office page.
Do you have Dual Degree Programs at your university?
• The Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, Department of Business Administration has a joint dual degree program with the University of North Carolina Wilmington. In addition, the Department of International Business Administration (German) has a dual diploma agreement with FH-KIEL Applied Science University in Germany. In addition to this, preparations for dual degree programs with other faculties and departments of our university are continuing with Canada, the UK and the USA.
Which languages can I learn at your university other than English?
• Apart from the compulsory foreign language at the program, other foreign language options are available to students: German, French, Spanish, Russian and Chinese. Students benefit from language options free of charge and receive certification when they complete their required language training.
Is Summer School mandatory?
• It is not compulsory to continue summer training. It is up to the students to decide whether to study at summer school. Students who are placed in full scholarship quota do not pay fees for summer school education. Students who are placed in 50% scholarship pay 50% of the summer education fee, Students who are placed in 25% scholarship pay 75% of the summer education fee, and students who have no scholarship pay the full tuition fee for summer education.
What are the scholarship opportunities at your university?
• Yeditepe University rewards scholarships for successful students in different amounts depending on education abroad, graduate education, free accommodation, meals and success rates. Scholarships for students include the length of time spent at the Foreign Language Preparatory Program. For more information, please visit our Scholarships page.
Under what circumstances are scholarships terminated?
• Scholarships continue during the normal period of education at the program in which the student is placed (9 semesters for 4-year programs, 11 semesters for 5-year programs, 14 semesters for 6-year programs) regardless of academic achievement. Scholarships do also continue for up to two years at the Foreign Language Preparatory Program. Scholarships are terminated when these periods are exceeded. If you are scholarship student whose studying at a double-major program, 1 semester is added to these periods. For more information, please visit our Scholarships page.
What are the scholarships and opportunities that you provide to successful students?
• Students who are placed in programs that take DİL-1 type students and are in the first 100 are given 500 TL scholarship for 9 months a year during the preparatory class and their normal education period. Students who are placed in programs that take YGS and MF, TS and TM type students for 9 months a year during the preparatory class and during the normal education period are given: 1250 TL per month for those who are among the first 100, 1000 TL per month for those who are among the first 500, 750 TL per month for the first 1000, 500 TL per month for the first 2000 and 300 TL per month for the first 5000. In addition to these, (for students who are placed in programs that take DİL-1 type students and are in the first 200) free access to sport facilities in the social facilities of the university, free stay for two persons in the rooms for those who want to stay at university dorms, and free transportation opportunities are provided for students who do not want to use the dormitory.
For students who have been placed with a YGS, MF, TS and TM score into a program and are among the first 15.000 in their relevant score type, and students who were placed in any program at the Faculty of Engineering and are among the first 20.000 in their relevant score type: Those who want to stay in university dormitories are free to stay in quadruple rooms, free transportation for students who do not want to use the dormitories, and have free access to sports facilities in the social facilities of the university.
Students who have been placed with a YGS, MF, TS and TM score into a program and are among the first 15.000 in their relevant score type (among the first 200 for Dİl-1 score types) have the right to participate for a semester (provided they meet the conditions required) in a student exchange program with American, Canadian and European universities in which the university has signed the protocol.
For more information, please visit our Scholarships page.
Do you provide food support for students at your university?
Students who have been placed into one of their first 5 choices with a YGS, MF, TS and TM score into a program, and students who are among the first 15.000 in their relevant score type (among the first 100 for Dİl-1 score types) in addition to the opportunities mentioned above receive food support for 9 month.
For more information, please visit our Scholarships page.
Do you have a Master’s Degree scholarship? In which situations is a scholarship granted?
• If you graduate as first in your program, you will be able to receive full scholarship in the undergraduate programs of the university, 60% scholarship if you graduate as second and 40% scholarship if you graduate as third. For detailed information, you can visit our scholarship opportunities page.
For more information, please visit our Scholarships page.
Are there any scholarships offered at the University for IB, Abitur, Matura, Maturita and French Baccalaureate Students? If so, what are the conditions?
• For students with an IB (International Baccalaureate) diploma grade 32 and above, ABITUR diploma grade 2.0 and above, MATURA diploma grade 2.0 and above, MATURITA diploma grade 80 and above and French Baccalaureate diploma grade at least 14 (at least 70 diploma grade by a Turkish high school equal to the French Baccalaureate), a 25% discount is applied on the tuition fee if they are placed in a non-scholarship quota with the condition that Yeditepe University was among their the top 5 choices.
For more information, please visit our Scholarships page.
Is there a Sports Scholarship at your college?
• Students who are accepted to university sports teams in the fields of basketball, volleyball and handball and who participate in national competitions on behalf of the university in individual sports are given scholarships to cover 50% of the tuition fee including the Foreign Language Preparation Program.
Are the dormitories located on campus?
• Yes, our University has 4,400 bed-capacity student hotels on campus. Hotel registrations can be done in Fall, Spring and Summer semesters.
For detailed information, please visit our Accommodation page.
Do you have student clubs at your university?
• There are 44 Student Clubs that are active at our university. For detailed information please visit our Student Clubs page.
How can I study at graduate and doctorate levels at Yeditepe University?
• Yeditepe University maintains its academic activities with 74 graduate and 33 doctorate and artistic proficiency programs in 5 institutes. In our university, there are Science, Educational Sciences, Health Sciences, Social Sciences, Atatürk Principles and Revolution History Institutes.
Tuition Fees to be applied to students in 2017-2018 (except VAT)
• To view the undergraduate and master's degree annual tuition fees please visit the tuition fees page.
Which departments are there at your university?
• Our university provides education at undergraduate level at a total of 64 programs in 13 faculties and 3 departments in the School of Applied Sciences. For detailed information please visit our Faculty page.
Do you have a school preference order scholarship?
• We do not have a preference order scholarship at our university.
How can we find out whether there is a holiday at adverse weather conditions on certain days and weeks?
• You can follow announcements made by our university on our website or on the social media accounts of our university.
Who can borrow books from our library and under what conditions?
• Academic and administrative staff and students of our university can benefit from our Information Center.
Will there be departments opened with a 75% scholarship?
• We recommend that you follow OSYM's booklets for this information.
In which departments are there compulsory and non-credit foreign language lessons? What are the requisites?
• Our university provides the opportunity to learn 7 languages. You can take German, French, Spanish, Russian, Chinese and English courses with or without credits. Turkish language education is also given for foreigners. The number and variety of languages can change according to the course demands every year.
Under which conditions is the indoor swimming pool and gym free of charge to students?
• The first 20,000 students at the Faculty of Engineering, the first 200 students in the Language -1 Score type and the first 15.000 students in the YGS, MF, TS and TM score type groups have free access to sports facilities at the social facilities of the university for 9 months during the normal course of study and mandatory preparatory school.
Are there online courses over the Internet at your university?
There are no online courses given on the Internet at our university.
What dates do the special aptitude tests take place? How do we apply?
• You can find detailed information at this link http://www.yeditepe.edu.tr/tr/duyuru/2017-yetenek-sinavi-online-kayitlarimiz-baslamistir
What departments do not require mandatory language preparatory courses?
• Only at the Turkish Language and Literature department is it optional to take language courses at the preparatory school. In all other departments, students who are not successful in the language proficiency examination are required to study at the language preparatory school.
Are all the departments at your university at the Kayışdağı campus?
• Our students at the Faculty of Dentistry and Faculty of Medicine continue their education at different locations after completing their preparatory education and basic courses at the Kayışdaşı campus. All of our departments outside these two departments are located at Kayışdağı campus.
At what departments can I study a double major-minor?
• For more information about the departments please visit our Double Major - Minor page.
How can I find information brochures about your university?
• You can find brochures about our university at http://www.yeditepe.edu.tr/tr/aday-ogrenci/e-brosurler.
How is transportation to the university provided?
• Yeditepe University 26 August campus is located in Ataşehir, a city center on a very easy route in terms of transportation. It can be easily accessed from public transportation centers like Taksim, Üsküdar, Kadıköy, (Metrobus Uzuncayır), Metro (Marmaray), Bostanci, Kartal. For information on transportation services busses call (0216) 578 01 34 - (0216) 578 01 35 - (0216) 578 01 36 - (0216) 578 01 13.
To what locations are there service busses available from your university?
• A total of 410 vehicles are provided. A minibus fleet of 330 vehicles is working for İSTEK Foundation Schools and a midibus fleet of 80 vehicles for Yeditepe University students and staff. Service busses to campus from various districts are provided between 08.00 - 12.00 pm (hourly) and from campus to different districts between 12.00 - 19.00 pm (hourly). For information on transportation service busses and routes, call (0216) 578 01 34 - (0216) 578 01 35 - (0216) 578 01 36 - (0216) 578 01 13.
When do classes start at the university?
• For detailed information please visit our Academic Calendar page
Do you have other schools or hospitals in your foundation?
• Within the scope of our foundation, there are the ISTEK Schools that provide education from kindergarten level to secondary level, as well as the Eye Hospital, Dental Hospital and Education Research Hospital of the Faculty of Medicine. We also have our Specialized Hospital which is in the process of opening.
Is your university a private university?
• Our university is a foundation university founded in 1996 by the Istanbul Educational and Cultural Foundation (İSTEK).
Do you have free ring services on campus?
• Yes, we have frequent ring services within the campus.
After the OSYM placement exam results have been announced can I come and register at any department I like?
• To be able to register at our university, you have to be placed in a department via the central placement by OSYM or a special aptitude test.
Can I enroll at your university with the scores I got last year?
• No, university placement test results are valid only for the year in which the placement exam was taken.
I am studying at the state university, can I transfer to your university?
• You can switch from foundation universities to state universities, state universities to foundation universities under the conditions set by the Higher Education Council.
Is your university diploma valid abroad?
• Yeditepe University, which is the first foundation university in Turkey to be awarded by the European University Association (EUA) Institutional Evaluation Program with its pioneering education approach, has proven its quality with the inspections of national and international accreditation institutions. Yeditepe University, which has 12 field accreditation and successfully passed many accreditation processes and educates with the aim of improving the quality of education every day, provides opportunities for students and faculty members to take part in international projects with the international cooperation agreements it has signed.
Do you have any scholarships that we can get while studying at the university? If yes, can I get information about the requirements?
• Achievement scholarships are awarded to students who fulfill the necessary requirements after they have been placed at the university. The scholarship is awarded to the students who are placed at Yeditepe University and meet the requirements determined by the university board. Students who receive the first grade in the related semester receive 75% off of the tuition fee for the next academic year, 50% for the ones who get the second grade and 25% for the ones who get third grade. This scholarship ends at the end of the academic year in which it belongs.
Students placed in full scholarship quota are not eligible for the achievement scholarship.
Where is the Faculty of Dentistry located?
• Our Faculty of Dentistry is located in the Dental Hospital on Bağdat street.
The preparatory and basic courses of the dentistry department are being given at the Ataşehir campus and then the students continue their education at the Yeditepe University Dental Hospital on Bağdat street. Detailed information is available at www.7tepedis.com.
Do you have courses at your university for the special aptitude tests?
• You can find detailed information at http://www.yeditepe.edu.tr/tr/duyuru/2017-yetenek-sinavi-online-kayitlarimiz-baslamistir.
I did not pass the 150-180 score requirement. Can I still enroll at your university?
• Students who cannot pass the score requirements or cannot be placed at our university via the central placement system or by special aptitude tests cannot register to the university.
Is there a sister/brother discount at your university?
• Yes, there is a 10% discount for the brother/sister of the student.
Does your university have a consulting system?
• Yes, our university has a consulting system.
Will your interior architecture department take students this year with a special aptitude test?
• No, the Department of Interior Architecture will accept students with an MF-4 score starting 2017.
Do you have an Information Center at your university?
• Yes we do. Our Information Center has two floors and our students are able to access many sources, information and research around the world whenever they need. Our Center is a member of the Online Computer Library Center, where 80,000 libraries are members in the world. Our information center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What are social facilities on the campus?
• Our sports facilities include many areas where students can play sports indoors and outdoors. Indoor sports facilities include two volleyball and basketball courts, a squash hall, a fitness center, a semi-Olympic swimming pool and a table tennis area on the lower floors of our Social Facilities building. The outdoor sports facilities include a swimming pool, a basketball and volleyball field, a multi-purpose sports field, which is also used as a tennis court, and a carpet-covered mini football field.
In addition, there is a bookshop, bank, mini market, women's and men's hairdresser, clothing store, souvenir and cosmetics merchandise mini perfumery on the entrance floor of our Social Facilities building.