Ayla Kanbur (Chair)
Assoc. Prof. Ayla Kanbur (Chair)
Undergraduate: Istanbul Üniversitesi Felsefe Bölümü
Graduate: Marmara Üniversitesi Güzel Sanatlar Fakültesi Sinema-TV
PH D: Marmara Üniversitesi / Sinema -TV
Doctorate degree, with the thesis on "Poetry and Cinema" accompanied by a short film, "Ballade (four stanzas)" Department of Cinema-Television, 1993-1999.
Master of Arts degree, Department of Cinema-Television, 1989-1993.
Istanbul University, Istanbul.
Bachelor of Arts degree, History of Philosophy, Faculty of Literature,
Associated Professor Yeditepe University, Istanbul. Faculty of Communication, Radio-Television and Cinema Department. November 2009 - Present
Assistant Professor, Yeditepe University, Istanbul. Faculty of Communication, Radio-Television and Cinema Department. November 2002 - 2009
Erasmus Teaching Mobility: InHolland Hauge School Haarlem, The Netherlands, April 2010
Seminars "On New Mode of Production and Aesthetic Developments of Turkish Cinema in" In Holland Haarlem for a week in 2010
Part-time instructor, Istanbul Technical University, 1993-1994
History of Cinema, 14
Bachelor degree: Film Studies; Film Theories and Analysis; Scriptwriting, TV Culture; Short Film Production
MA: Special Topics in Turkish Cinema: Orientalism; Visual Culture; Special Topics in Cultural Studies: Technology, Society and Media; Theories of Film Aesthetics;
PHD: Special Topic in Cinema: Migrants, Third World in Cinema and Memory (Elective 2012)
Global Communication and Media Theories (Core, 2013)
Special Topics in Cinema: Cinema and collective memory (Elective 2013)
Cinema as the site for collective memory and personal experience, "Incredibly Close-Extremely Slow" ASCA, Amsterdam University, March 2012
Viewing Film, Viewing Memory, "Film and Memorialisation", Associated with the Digital Cinema Research Group based in the School of Creative Media at RMIT University, Melbourne and the University of Applied Sciences at Schwabisch Hall, Germany, October 2006
Everyone is Migrant who the Host is, "Migrant and Diasporic Cinema in Contemporary Europe", Film Studies and the Institute for Historical and Cultural Research, at Oxford Brooks University, England, July 2006
City Limits, "Visualising the City", Manchester University, England 2005
A History of Forgeting/Bir Unutuşun Tarihi, Türk Film Araştırmalarında Yeni Yönelimler 5/ New Tendencies in Turkish Film Researches 5, İstanbul, 2003
Books and sections in Books
Akbal, Tül, Algan Necla, Kanbur, Ayla, "From Freedom to Lost and Beyond"/ "Özgürlüklerden Kayıplara ve Sonrası" De-ki Publications, 2008, Ankara
Lütfi Akad: A Master of Profound Simplicity/Sadeleğin Derinliğinde Bir Usta: Lütfi Akad, Kanbur, Ayla (ed), Dost Press & Ankara Cinema Association, Ankara, 2006
Time and Humanity/Zaman ve İnsanlık, in 30 Directors From 30 Years of Istanbul Film Festival, Cem Alpan (ed.), Turkish-English, IKSV, Istanbul, 2011
"Our Souls Grow with Wounds"/"Yaralarıyla Büyüyen Ruhlarımız", in Love and Revolt/Aşk ve İsyan/, Fırat Yücel (ed.), Çitlenbik, İstanbul 2010
"The Bride" in The Cinema of North Africa and Middle East, Gönül Dönmez Colin, (ed), 24 Frames, Wallflower Press, London, 2007
"Historical Review of Turkish Cinema and the Situation of Women Film Makers", Turkish Cinema, An Cha Flubacher-Rhim (ed), 28-35, Jiff Seul, 2007
"A Portrait from Past to Present From Present to Past"/ "Geçmişten Günümüze Günümüzden Geçmişe Bir Portre" in Sadeleğin Derinliğinde Bir Usta: Lütfi Akad/Lütfi 15
A Selection from Articles and Essays in Journals
Under the Shadow of Migration"/ "Göçmenliğin Gölgesinde TOPLUMBILIM/Special Issue on Cinema I, A Dossier on European Cinema, Vol.18, Istanbul, 2004 (peer reviewed)
"The Spirit of Tangos/Geride Bırakılanlar Hatırlananlar ve Tangoların Ruhu", Yeni Sinema Yeni Insan Dergisi, Autum-Winter, 2006
"the Peaks of Mountains Appear Cloudy from a Distance/Dağların Zirvesi Bulutlu Görünür Uzaktan/, Antrakt, Feb, 2004.
"In the Period of Global Hybridity, National Culture and Its Cinema/Global Melezleşme Çağında Ulusal Kültür ve Sineması/", Antrakt, July-Agustos, 2003.
"A Dossier on Cinema and Poetry: A Constant Productive Relation/Sinema ve Şiirsellik Dosyası: Birbirlerini Sürekli Üreten Bir İlişki/", 25. Kare, April-June 1998
"Antonio's Garden/Antonio'nun Bahçesi" 25. Kare, April-June, 1997
"The Cinema of Jim Jarmush/Jim Jarmush Sinemasında Gördüklerim/", 25. Kare, July-September, 1996
Journal of Communication Studies on the subject of "Identity Politics and Narratives in Media." Yeditepe University, Communication Faculty, Istanbul, 2007
Journal Of Communication Studies, Yeditepe University, Communication Faculty, Istanbul, 2005-
New Cinema, New People/Yeni Sinema Yeni Insan, Istanbul, 2006-2009
Antrakt, Cinema Journal, Istanbul, 2003-2005
Referee in Journals
"Journal of Communication Studies", Yeditepe University, Communication Faculty, Istanbul
"Sinecine", Journal of Film Studies, Ankara
"Nature and Civilisation/Doğa ve Uygarlık", writer and director, a poetic documentary on the Zeus temple in Pergamos, in Turkey, 1993, U-matic, 12'.
(Awarded as 3th. in Short Film Competition of Marmara University, Faculty of Communication)
"Ballad/Dörtlük (Four Stanzas)", writer and director, a film based on a poem written by Ayla Kanbur,. 1999, H-8 and Betacam, 3.50'
Awarded with honourable mansion in National Short Film Competition of Cine 5,
also screened in London Turkish Film Festival, November 2000.
SEMINARS AND WORKSHOPS
Workshop on cinema of Jean Luc Godard and his film "Our Music" Adana Golden Ball Film Festival, 2010
Workshop on Michael Haneke and his film "Cache", Antalya Golden Orange Film Festival, 2010
The World Cinema from the beginning to the present, Istanbul Community Centre, (with collaboration of Tül Akbal and Necla Algan) Spring, 2008
"The Poetry in the cinema of Godard", Seminars on Cinema and Literature, The Department of Turkish Literature, November, 2005
Special Topics in Cinema History, the Foundation of Social Researches,
(With collaboration of Tül Akbal and Necla Algan), Autumn, 1993
JUROR in FILM FESTIVALS
Ankara Film Festival, National Competition Main Juri, March 2011
Antalya International Golden Orange Film Festival, October 2009, Turkish Film Critics Jury, SIYAD
International Flying Broom Women Film Festival, May 2004, Fipresci Jury
International Istanbul Film Festival, April 2006, Fipresci Jury
European Network For Cinema and Media Studies , NECS, 2010
Turkish Film Critics Association/Türkiye Sinema Yazarları Derneği (SIYAD), 1999-Present (SIYAD is also member of Fipresci, International Federation of Film Critics)
Akad: A Master of Profound Simplicity, A.Kanbur (ed.) Dost Press & Ankara Cinema Association, Ankara, 2006
"Viewing Memory in Viewing Film: The cinema of Omer Kavur and Memory/ "Seyir İçinde Belleğin Seyri: Ömer Kavur Sineması ve Hafıza/, in Türk Film Araştırmalarında Yeni Yönelimler 6/ New Tendencies in Turkish Film Researches 6, D. Bayrakdar (Ed), , Series of Cinema Books, Bağlam, İstanbul, 2007
Our History and Representation in Cinema / Sinemada Temsil ve Tarihimiz/ in D. Bayrakdar (Ed), Türk Film Araştırmalarında Yeni Yönelimler 5/ New Tendencies in Turkish Film Researches 5, Series of Cinema Books, Bağlam, Istanbul, 2006
European Network For Cinema and Media Studies , NECS, 2010
Turkish Film Critics Association/Türkiye Sinema Yazarları Derneği (SIYAD), 1999-
Assoc. Prof. Berrin Yanıkkaya
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Berrin Yanıkkaya
close or Esc Key
Graduate Degree: Department of Radio, TV and Cinema, School of Communications, Ankara University, 1995.
MA Degree: Radio, TV and Cinema MA Program, Institute of Social Sciences, Yeditepe University, 1999.
PhD Degree: General Sociology and Methodology Doctorate Program, Institute of Social Sciences Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University, 2004.
Berrin Yanıkkaya went to the United States as a Rotary Exchange Student after she completed her secondary education in Ankara. She received her Bachelor's degree in Communications from the Department of Radio, TV and Cinema, Ankara University (1995), her Master of Arts degree from the Department of Radio, TV and Cinema, Yeditepe University (1999) and her PhD degree from the General Sociology and Methodology Doctorate Program, Institute of Social Sciences, Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University (2004). Her MA thesis titled "Women as Television Reporters" aimed at highlighting the underpinning social categories and gender aspects of broadcast media in Turkey by focusing particularly on broadcast journalism, and defining working conditions of women news reporters. Her Ph.D. dissertation covers the structure of urban space, changing definitions of the city and socio-historical breakthroughs that surround these changes while at the same time examining the spaces women occupy in the urban space and their relations with the cultural productions in historical progress, and it is titled "Women Voices In The City: Women's Self-Expression Through Cultural Products In Istanbul After 1990s (Rock Music As A Sample Case)". Berrin Yanıkkaya became an Associate Professor in April 2010 in Communication Sciences, and has been working at the Department of Radio, Television and Cinema, School of Communications, Yeditepe University since 1997. She has been awarded a post-doctoral research scholarship by TUBITAK-BIDEB for her research on a comparative analysis on alternative media and ethics at York St. John University, York, UK between March 2013 and September 2013.
1. Name: Berrin Yanıkkaya
2. Title: Assoc. Prof. Dr.
MA Thesis and Supervisor : "Women as Television Reporters" (in English)
Prof. Dr. Ayseli Usluata.
Ph.d. Dissertation And Supervisor : "Women Voices In The City: Women's Self-Expression Through Cultural Products In Istanbul After The 1990s - Rock Music As A Sample Case)" (in Turkish)
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Z. Tül Akbal Süalp.
4. Academic Titles:
6. Supervised Graduate Theses and Post-Graduate Dissertations
Completed Master Theses under Berrin Yanıkkaya's supervision
- Nuray Bedük, "Tradition, Power Relations and Hybridization in Gender Representations: A Discourse Analysis on Turkish TV Serials, Yeditepe University, September, 2009.
- Lale Şeyda Gülsoy, "A Study on Human Trafficking News in Turkish Media" Yeditepe University, 2010.
- Selma Suna Songür, "Women and Political Cinema in Middle-East", Yeditepe University, 2011.
- Seda Avcı, "Feminist Alternative Media in Turkey", Yeditepe University, 2013.
Ongoing PhD Dissertations under Berrin Yanıkkaya's supervision
- Aylin Damla Gür, "Children and Commercials in the Cultural Climate of Consumption", Yeditepe University, 2011-.
- Mikhail Puskin, "Steampunk: Reinventing Identity of the Future-Past", Yeditepe University, 2012-.
- Nevriye Bezmez, "Local Media in Turkey", Yeditepe University, 2013-.
-Seyitbek Tilekov, "Social Media in Kyrgyzstan", Yeditepe University, 2013-.
Articles published in SCI/SSCI/SCI Expanded/SSCI Expanded Journals
-The user as producer in alternative media? The case of the Independent Communication Network (BIA); Co-authored with B. Kejanlıoğlu, B. Çoban & E. Köksalan, Communications, The Journal of European Communications Research, Volume 37, Issue 3, Pages 275-296, ISSN (Online) 1613-4087, ISSN (Print) 0341-2059, DOI: 10.1515/commun-2012-0015, July 2012.
Papers presented in international academic conferences and published as proceedings:
- 'The Free Girl' vs. Feminism Part II: 'Cause I'm Free, I Can do what I want to do", ESF 2006 Conference on Cities and Media, October 25-29, Vadstena, Sweden, 2007. (e-proceeding) www.ep.liu.se/ecp/020/
Papers presented in international academic conferences:
- My Nature as an "F" and Your Culture as an "M": Is it Possible to Make a 'Terra Incognita' Feel Like Home? 7th International Cultural Studies Conference. Ege Universitesi, Izmir, Mayıs 2002.
- 'Super Girls Don't Cry': A View On a New Generation of Women On a New Stage. 4th International Conference: Crossroads in Cultural Studies, Tampere, Finland, June 2002.
- Peekaboo! Now Liberated, Now Not: Women Making Rock Music in Istanbul after the 1990s. IASPM, 13th Biennial Conference: Making Music, Making Meaning. Rome, Italy, June 25-30, 2005.
- Reporting Live from Istanbul: Women Making News, International Know-How Conference Weaving the Information Society: a multicultural and gender perspective, Mexico City, Mexico, August 21-25, 2006 .
- The Free Girl' vs. Feminism Part I: "Don't Get me Wrong I'm Not a Feminist or Something", Bahçesehir Üniversitesi ve Kent State University, USA, the 1st Annual, International Conference on Communication, Mass Media and Culture: "Freedom and Prejudice", Istanbul, October 5-7, 2006
- Imaginary Homelands and Feeling hüzün - a Study on the Reception of Pop Diva Sezen Aksu w/Jeroen de Kloet Amsterdam University, Media Stars Between Satire and Excess, Inter: a European Cultural Studies Conference, Sweden. ACSIS, Norrköping, June 11-13, 2007.
- Sezen Aksu and Gendered Negotaitions of Turkish-ness', w/Jeroen de Kloet Amsterdam University, "E/Im/Migration and Culture", Işık University, Istanbul, September 15-17, 2007.
- Making the domestic violence public, Gender / Violence International Conference, Izmir University of Economics, EKOKAM, İzmir, April 2012.
- It Cuts Both Ways: Beauty Aestheticians Labour and Women Clienteles of Beauty Parlours, Gender / Violence International Conference, Izmir University of Economics, EKOKAM, İzmir, April 2012.
- The user as producer in the alternative media? Case of The Independent Communication Network (BIA), B. Kejanlıoğlu, B. Coban, B. Yanıkkaya and M.E. Koksalan, COST Action IS0906 Transforming Audiences, Transforming Societies, Brussels, Facultés universitaires Saint-Louis (FUSL) 12-14 April 2012.
- Barış Medyası Olarak Alternatif Medya ya da Alternatif Medyanın Barış ile Imtihanı, w/B. Coban, The Centre of Research and Communication for Peace, Doğu Akdeniz Üniversitesi, KKTC, April 2012.
- The Female Protagonist and the Television Series 'Kayıp Sehir': Mirror Mirror on the Wall, Aysel is the Coolest of Them All, Cool Istanbul: Urban Enclosures and Resistances İstanbul, Turkey, November, 2013.
- Reclaiming the Recent History: The Saturday Mothers and the Coverage of the Longest Civil Disobedience Action in Alternative Media, Writing Women,s Lives, International Symposium: Auto/Biography, Life Narratives, Myths and Historiography, Yeditepe University, Istanbul, April 19-20, 2014.
- Responsible Innovation or Public Ethics in International Symposium on Media Transformations: Digital Revolution, Enterpreneurship, Spirit and Structure. Yeditepe University & Stuttgart Media University, İstanbul, September 22, 2014.
Chapters published in international academic books:
- Popular Music as a Crosscultural Interaction Form: Every Woman Has a Sezen Aksu Song Speaks to and out of Her Heart, Media Criticism 2010: Intercultural Communication and Multiculturalism, Z. K. Uslu & C. Bilgili (eds.), Sofia: Prof. Marin Drinov Academic Publishing House, 2012.
- Barış Medyası Olarak Alternatif Medyalar ya da Alternatif Medyanın Barış ile İmtihanı, (co-author B. Coban), (Re)Making and Undoing of PEACE/CONFLICT, T. İlter, H. Aliefendioğlu, P. Behçetoğulları ve N. Kara (eds.), Famagusta: Eastern Mediterranean Press, 2013, p. 17-22.
- The Female Protagonist and the Television Series Kayıp Şehir: Mirror Mirro on the Wall, Aysel is the Coolest of them All in Cool Istanbul: Urban Enclosures and Resistances, ed. Derya Özkan, Transcript Verlag, 2015.
- "Our Voices, Our Lives, Our Labors, Our Rights: The Socialist Feminist Collective and The Feminist Politics" in Digital Transformations in Turkey: Current Perspectives in Communication Studies, (ed.) B. Akdenizli, Lexington Books, 2015.
Papers published in national peer-reviewed journals:
- Amandine'in Yolculuğu: Geçtiğimiz Bahçeler, Aldığımız Yaralar, Kaybettiğimiz Pusulalar, Toplumbilim, Kültürel Çalışmalar Özel Sayısı, Eylül, 2000.
- 'Toplumsal Cinsiyet'lenen Tarih, İletişim Çalışmaları Dergisi, Yeditepe Üniversitesi, İletişim Fakültesi, No:1, İstanbul, 2003.
- A Time and Gender Based Comparative Evaluation of the Survey on Broadcast Journalists in Istanbul, İletişim Çalışmaları Dergisi, Yeditepe Üniversitesi, İletişim Fakültesi, No: 3, 2006.
- İçerdeki Farklı Sesler: Türkiye'deki İletişim Araştırmalarına ve Feminist İletişim Çalışmalarına Bir Bakış, Kadın Çalışmaları Dergisi, İstanbul Büyükşehir Belediyesi, Cilt 1, No: 3, İstanbul, 2006.
Papers presented in national academic conferences and not published:
- Televizyon Habercisi Olarak Kadınlar, Seyyar Seminerler, Toplumsal Araştırmalar, Kültür ve Sanat Vakfı, İstanbul, Haziran 1999.
- Medya ve Cinsiyetçi Dil, Ulusal Medyada Kadın Sempozyumu, Marmara Üniversitesi, İstanbul, 6 Mart 2009.
Chapters published in national academic books:
- Kısa ve Acısız ya da Uzun ve Acılı -Kurz und Schmerzlos or Long and Painful-, Türk Sinemasında Yeni Yaklaşımlar III: Karşılaşmalar, Bahçeşehir Üniversitesi, Temmuz, 2003.
- Gündelik Hayatın Suretinde: Öteki Korkusu, Görsel Şiddet ve Medya, Medya, Öteki ve Şiddet içinde, B. Coban (ed.), İstanbul, Su Yayınevi, 2009.
- Medyada Cinsiyetçi İktidar Kalıplarına Karşı Bir Direnme Olasılığı: Bireysel Özerklik Alanı Olarak Dil, Medya Eleştirileri 2009: Bilinç Endüstrisinin İktidar ve Siyaset Pratikleri içinde, Z. Karahan Uslu ve C. Bilgili (eds.), İstanbul, Beta Yayınları, Nisan 2009.
- Medya İçeriği Aracılığıyla İkili İlişki Kalıplarının Yeniden Üretimi; Rumuz: Yaralı Kalp, Karaelmas 2009: Medya ve Kültür, Nurçay Türkoğlu ve Sevilen Toprak Alayoğlu (eds.), İstanbul, Urban Kitap, 2010.
- Kültürel-Kesişimli Etkileşim Biçimi Olarak Popüler Müzik: Her Kadının Kalbine ve Kalbinden Konuşan Bir Sezen Aksu Şarkısı Vardır, Kırılan Kalıplar - 2: Kültürlerarası İletişim, Çokkültürlülük, Can Bilgili, Zeynep Karahan Uslu (eds.), İstanbul, Beta Yayınları, 2010.
- Yokmekanda Bir Frekans: Barış İçin Kadınların, Kadınlar İçin Barışın Sesi Uluslararası Feminist Radyo İnisiyatifi (FIRE), B. Coban (ed.), İstanbul, Kalkedon Yayınları, 2010.
- Radikal Medya ve Radikal Etik: Alternatif Medya Etiği Tartışmaları (co-author B. Coban), Kendi Medyanı Yarat: Alternatif Medya-Kavramlar, Tartışmalar, Örnekler, Vol. 1. Berrin Yanıkkaya ve Barış Çoban (eds.), İstanbul: Kalkedon Yayınları, 2014, p. 115-156.
-Türkiye'de Feminist (Alternatif) Medya: Duvarları Aşmak, Kendi Medyanı Yarat: Alternatif Medya-Kavramlar, Tartışmalar, Örnekler, Vol. 2. Berrin Yanıkkaya ve B. Coban (eds.), İstanbul: Kalkedon Yayınları, 2014, p. 47-99.
- Kitle İletişim Kuramlarını Erol Mutlu ile Okumak ya da Erol Hoca'yı Tanımak Üzerine (eş- yazar Murat İri), Erol Mutlu'ya Armağan: "Malumat Dünyası", haz. D. B. Kejanlıoğlu, E. Çaylı Rahte, O. Taş, T. Taş ve M. Yergebekov (eds.), Ankara: Ütopya Yayınları, 2014.
- 'Hüznün Mizahını Yapmak: Didem Madak ve Kadın Olmayı Kucaklamak', Didem Madak, Metis Yayınları, 2015.
Articles published in sectoral journals:
- Kent ve Kadın: Değişiyorum, Değişiyor Musunuz?, Mimarist, TMMOB, Mimarlar Odası Büyükkent Şubesi Yayınları, Yıl 4, Vol. 14, Kış 2004.
Panel, Translation, Symposium, Speech:
- Becker, Howard S., Fotoğraf ve Sosyoloji. Toplumbilim, March 2006, (From English into Turkish).
- Panelist, Televizyon ve Şiddet, Reklamverenler Derneği, İstanbul, 8 September 2006.
- Visiting Lecturer, Topic: Women and Cultural Production INHolland University, 2nd Annual International Week, Amsterdam/Diemen, April 2007. (Erasmus Staff Mobility)
- Şehirde Kaybol(AMA)mak ya da Kadın Olmak", Kent ve Mekân Ekseninde Toplumsal Cinsiyet Tartışmaları Paneli, TMMOB Ankara Şubesi, Ankara, March 2011. (Speech)
- Kadın Gözüyle: Wilkommen in Deutchland, B-34 Kultürk Festivali, Bahçeşehir Üniversitesi, October 2011. (Speech)
- Visiting Lecturer, Topic: Feminist Alternative Media, INHolland University, 7th Annual International Week, Amsterdam/Diemen, March 2013. (Erasmus Staff Mobility)
6. Other Academic Activities (Journal & Article Editor, Editorial Board Membership, Reviewer)
- Assistant Editor, Journal of Communication Studies, National Blind Peer Reviewed Journal, Yeditepe University (2001-2003)
- Editor, Journal of Communication Studies, National Blind Peer Reviewed Journal, Yeditepe University, (2004-2006, 2012).
- Editorial Board, Journal of Communication Studies, National Blind Peer Reviewed Journal, Yeditepe University (2001-2003, 2004-2007, 2012).
- Editorial Board Ethos: Felsefe ve Toplumsal Bilimlerde Diyaloglar, Online Refereed Journal, www.ethosfelsefe.com, 2008-.
- Article Editor, Sage Open, 2012 & 2014.
- Reviewer, Peer-reviewed Journals Women 2000 and Joy, 2012 & ATİNER 2014.
- Organizing Committee Member, Writing Women's Lives: Auto/Biography, Life Narratives, Myths And Historiography, Women's Library and Information Center Foundation and Yeditepe University- April 19 - 20, 2014 / Istanbul - Yeditepe University, 2013-.
- Organizing Committee Coordinator, International Symposium on Media Transformations, Hochschule der Medien & Yeditepe University, İstanbul, September 22, 2014.
- Academic Commitee, Digital Communication Impact, International Digital Communication Conference, Istanbul Commerce University, İstanbul, 16-17 October 2014.
- Scientific Committee Member, Journal of Media Critiques, International peer-reviewed journal, November 2014-.
Editorial Board, ATİNER (Athens Institute for Education and Research), 2014-.
7. Projects directed and participated
- "Who Makes the News?", The Global Media Monitoring Project, WACC's Women and Media Programme for Monitoring and Advocacy, Yeditepe University Research Group, Researcher, 2000.
- General Coordinator, Communication Studies Week,; Joint activity of Department of Radio, TV. & Cinema, Journalism and Advertising, Yeditepe University, November 2007-May 2008.
- Women's Thesaurus, Turkey: Keywords on the position of women and women's studies, Redactor of Communication Section, Women's Library And Information Center Foundation, İstanbul, 2009.
- "Alternative Media and Audience Participation: BİA Case", Transforming Audiences, Transforming Societies ISO 906 Cost Action, Working Group 2, TUBITAK, Project No: 111K572, Researcher, 2011-.
- Radical Media, Radical Ethics: A Comparative Study on Alternative Media in Turkey and the UK, York St. John University, York, UK, 2013.
8. Administrative designations
- Vice Dean, School of Communications, Yeditepe University, Istanbul, February 2014-.
- Faculty Council, School of Communications, Yeditepe University, Istanbul, December 2014-.
-Faculty Erasmus Coordinator, Yeditepe University, Istanbul, July 2014-.
- Ph.D. Program Coordinator, Doctoral Program in Media Studies, Institute of Social Sciences, Yeditepe University, Istanbul, January 2012- October 2013.
- Vice Chair, Department of Radio, TV and Cinema, School of Communications, Yeditepe University, İstanbul, February 2004-September 2005.
- Head of Radio Yeditepe. (Scholar in charge of Faculty of Communication's Radio Station), Yeditepe University, Istanbul, October 2002-May 2003.
9. Membership in scholarly institutions:
IASPM ((International Association for Study of Popular Music) Turkish Branch, June 2005-.
ILAD (Society for Communication Research), Istanbul, Turkey, 2008-.
ECREA (European Communication Research and Education Association), (Group member) 2012-.
ATINER (Athens Institute for Education and Research), Academic Member, 2014-.
10. Honors and Awards
- IASPM, Scholarship for conference, Rome, Italy, 2005.
- Know-How Scholarship for conference and TÜBİTAK, BİDEB Scholarship for conference, Mexico City, Mexico, 2006.
- Post-doctoral Research Scholarship, TÜBITAK-BIDEB, York St. John University, York, UK, March-September 2013.
11. Undergraduate, Graduate and Post-graduate Lectures:
COMM 202 Media Analysis
COMM 341 Communication Ethics
COMM 412 Cultural Studies
RTC 491-492 Graduation Project 1 & 2
RTC 511 Research in Media Studies
RTC 512 Special Topics in Media Analysis
RTC 597 Graduation Project
RTC 599 Thesis
MES 611 Theories of Media and Culture
MES 613 Media and Women's Studies
MES 646 Media and Public Sphere
MES 691 Radical Alternative Media
MES 608 Seminar
MES 699 Thesis
- Institute of Biotechnology
- Institute of Educational Sciences
- Institute of Science and Engineering
- Institute of Social Sciences
- Institute of Health Sciences
- Institute of Ataturk Principles and Revolution History
- School of Foreign Languages
- Preparatory School
- Vocational School
- Academic Calender
- International Office
- Summer School
- Continuing Education Center
- Career Center
- Rules and Regulations
- About Yeditepe
- Campus Life
- Student Admission