As Yeditepe University English Preparatory School, our vision is to continually enhance our English language program to cater to the needs of the 21st century young adults. For this end, we aim to employ all technology available in today’s world in facilitating language learning. We envision a learning environment where language learners take responsibility for their own learning and to this end we aim to guide and gear them towards accomplishing this goal.
The medium of instruction at Yeditepe University is English. The mission of Yeditepe University English Preparatory school is to prepare students for their departments by equipping them with academic English language skills that are necessary for higher education. The aim of the English Preparatory school is also to develop a sense of Yeditepe community among students and to foster learning and critical thinking skills that they will need throughout their lives.
A NESLİHAN EKİL - ŞENAY SOYLU
B1 HANDE GİRAY - ÇİĞDEM ATİLLA HİÇYILMAZ
B2 FATMA YALÇINKAYA GÖKSU – DİCLE EKİNCİ – ASLI CANDERLER
TRANSLATION DEPARTMENT,ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE DEPARTMENT ENGLISH PREP COORDINATOR - SELDA DEMİRYÜREK UYGUN
A SEDEN CAN - SERAP İÇDEN
B1 NURDAN DÖNMEZ- DAMLA ERKİNER
B2 ZÜMRAN DURGUN - SEVGİ SAİME CERTEL
TRANSLATION DEPARTMENT,ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE DEPARTMENT ENGLISH PREP COORDINATOR -ECE GENÇ YÖNTEM
TESTING OFFICE COORDINATOR
EDUCATION AT THE ENGLISH PREPARATORY SCHOOL
The medium of instruction at Yeditepe University is English. An English proficiency exam is held prior to the beginning of every academic year, in accordance with the date, time and venue announced by the Rector's office. Students who score the minimum score 79 from the TOEFL IBT test test or 550 from the TOEFLPBT are considered exempt from the English Preparatory Program (TOEFL scores are valid for 2 years.) Students who want to submit a TOEFL score are expected to take the test at the institutions below. Exam results from other institutions are not accepted. IELTS test scores are not valid at our institution.
YEDİTEPE UNIVERSITY,ISTANBUL - Center Code: STN20056A
ISTANBUL TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY, ISTANBUL – Center Code: ITTR153A
MIDDLE EAST TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY, ANKARA - Center Code: STN10463A
Students who take the TOEFL exam are required to enter 7050, the TOEFL institution code for Yeditepe University, for direct reporting of scores to the English Preparatory School. TOEFL scores that are not sent directly to Yeditepe University Preparatory School by the TOEFL Administration (ETS) will not be accepted as valid.
Students who do not provide valid documents that report the minimum accepted scores by the university are required to take the English Proficiency Test administered by the English Preparatory School.
Duration of Education
The English Preparatory Program consists of three academic semesters, fall - spring and summer. However, the Preparatory Programs for the Department of Translation Studies, English Language and Literature and English Language Teaching consist of fall and spring semesters; summer education can be organized for these programs.
Foreign Language Proficiency Exam
- An English proficiency exam for newcomers is held prior to the beginning of every academic year, in accordance with the date, time and venue announced by the Rector's office.
- Students already enrolled in the Preparatory Program are eligible to take the Proficiency Exam.
- Students who score a minimum of 60 out of 100 go to their faculties.
- English Language Proficiency Exam is valid for two years.
- There is no make up for English Language Proficiency Exam.
- Students from the Faculty of Fine Arts Graphic Design, Fashion and Textile Design, Plastic Arts, Arts Management, and Theater Departments and the School of Applied Science have to score at least 50 out of 100 to pass the English Language Proficiency Exam.
- Students from the Translation Studies, English Language and Literature and English Language Teaching Departments have to score at least 65 out of 100 to pass the Foreign Language Proficiency Exam. In addition, students in English Language Teaching, English Language and Literature and Translation Studies must score at least 60 out of 100 from the speaking and writing skills sections in this exam.
English Language Placement Exam
- Students who have not achieved the specified minimum score on the proficiency exam or have not taken the exam are required to take the English Language Placement Exam. Students already enrolled at the English Language Preparatory Program, are also eligible to take the English Language Placement Exam.
- There is no make up for English Language Placement Exam.
- The levels of the students are determined according to the score they get in the exam, and they are placed accordingly.
- English Language Literature, English Language Teaching and Translation Studies programs do not have a English Language Placement Exam. These students are allocated to the groups according to their scores on the English Language Proficiency Examination.
English Language Preparatory Program Groups
- The English Preparatory School program consists of three groups.
- Group A: (Common European Framework of Reference Level A1-A2): Students who succeed in group A continue to the upper group B1. In case of failure, they repeat their education in the same group.
- Group B1: Students who succeed in group B1 continue to the upper group B2. In case of failure, they repeat their education in the same group.
- Group B2: Students who succeed in group B2 start their undergraduate program. In case of failure, they repeat their education in the same group.
Students may study in the English Preparatory School for up to two academic years. Those who cannot complete the program successfully at the end of two years have the option to defer enrolment for one year.
The registration of students who do not defer enrolment at the end of two years or those who defer enrolment for one year but cannot pass the proficiency exam will be cancelled. Those whose registration is cancelled because they have not successfully completed the program (excluding those who are students of Faculty of Education English Language Teaching Department, Faculty of Arts and Sciences Translation and Interpreting Studies, English Language and Literature and Turkish Language and Literature Departments) have the right to be placed at a Turkish medium university in the same department by ÖSYM according to criteria determined by YÖK based on their university entrance exam score.
Student attendance is obligatory at the English Preparatory School.
19 April, 2019 / Friday
Preparatory School 2018-2019 Spring Final Schedule
27 February, 2019 / Wednesday
Preparatory School 2018 - 2019 Spring Midterm Schedule
24 December, 2018 / Monday
8 November,2018 / Thursday
06 April,2018 / Friday
28 February, 2018 / Wednesday
04 January , 2018 / Thursday
20 December , 2017 / Wednesday
15 December , 2017 / Friday
2017-2018 Academic Year English Preparatory School to the E-Class can be accessed from the Query List.
13 June, 2017 / Tuesday
23 May, 2017 / Tuesday
16 May, 2017 / Tuesday
12 April, 2017 / Wednesday
30 March, 2017 / Thursday
15 March, 2017 / Wednesday
09 March,2017 /Thursday
12 October, 2016 / Wednesday
Preperatory School Monthly Schedule
|FALL 1||MONTHLY SCHEDULE|
|Time||11:00 - 11:50
|09:30 - 10:20
|09:30 - 10:20
|11:00 - 12:00
|Building||Main Building||Annex||Main Building||Main Building|
Monthly exams will be administered in your own classrooms.
10 September, 2016 / Friday
2016-2017 Academic Year English Preparatory School to the E-Class can be accessed from the Query List.
The Proficiency and Placement Exams for the 2016-2017 Academic Year will be held on the dates below.
Any changes regarding these dates will be announced through www.yeditepe.edu.tr
The exam results will be announced on 26.08.2016 Friday afternoon through esorgulama.yeditepe.edu.tr.
Information about the exam results will not be released over the phone.
THE PROFICIENCY EXAM IS ON AUGUST 24, 2016 WEDNESDAY AT 09:30
(ALL ENGLISH PREPARATORY SCHOOL STUDENTS CAN TAKE THIS EXAM)
THE PLACEMENT EXAM IS ON SEPTEMBER 31, 2016WEDNESDAY AT 09:30
This exam is for students who did not pass the Proficiency Exam on August 24, 2016, and for students who did not take the exam at all.
The Proficiency exam for English Language and Literature, Translation and Interpreting Studies, and English Language Teaching departments will be held in two sessions.
The first session is on August 24, 2016 at 9:30 and the second session is on August 25, 2016 at 9:30.
English Preparatory School Students Who Are Currently in B2 Level Cannot Take The Placement Exam.
CLASSES WILL START ON SEPTEMBER 19, 2016 MONDAY at 08:45