Dear Members of Yeditepe University,
We would like to share the recent developments and up-to-date information regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) that we first disclosed in February:
Primarily in the announcements area of our web site, all the information in our digital communication channels are still valid.
It is our primary request from all our staff and students that they should update their information in the system of Family Practices and in case of any and all health problems such as high body temperature and coughing, they should apply to their Family Practices and other healthcare institutions in order to have their medical reports and directives for their treatment.
Regarding the topics below, the most up-to-date information that we have is as follows:
As per the information document we shared on 6 March 2020, all our students, staff and academicians who have travelled to another country within the last 14 days (with the support of university or personally) or who will travel to another country in near future are to complete a 14-day isolation period following their return to Turkey. Within this time period, all our students will be excused from their educational duties (they will be made up for later); and our academicians as well as our administrative staff will be deemed to be on administrative leave.
This isolation includes contact with any and all persons who may or may not manifest the symptoms, including children. During the 14-day isolation period and/or afterwards, first you should apply to the Family Practices and other healthcare institutions that you are registered to, and you should participate in the check-ups and reports that are in accordance with the process.
Starting from the date of this announcement, all the activities that are planned to take place, such as conferences, symposiums, workshops, seminars, all activities that include local or international speakers and listeners and student club activities until 30 April 2020.
In line with the announcements made by the relevant governing bodies, education will discontinue in our university for a 3-week period, starting 16 March, 2020. Our University distance learning have started as of 23 March with successfully. Please follow our university website for academic calendar updates.
Our university has taken the necessary actions that are recommended by Republic of Turkey Ministry of Health and Turkish Council of Higher Education since the Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases have started.
Precautions taken in accordance:
- All our medical personnel have been updated urgently and the necessary coordination has been established. The administrative and health consulting departments have been established for any kinds of necessary cases and their communication details will be shared with you shortly.
- Disinfection processes are regularly applied to public spaces and vehicles such as our shuttle buses.
- Following the scientific evaluations of our Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology experts, the necessary and appropriate actions are taken. (Announcements, scientific reviews etc.)
- As personal hygiene is one of the most important parts of fighting this disease, all the matters below have been actively announced in and around our school.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- In case that water and soap are not present, use alcohol-based hand cleaners.
- When you sneeze or cough, cover your mouth with single-use tissues or the inner part of your elbow.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth without washing your hands.
- Regularly air closed environments.
- Avoid close contact with elderly and people with chronic diseases.
- Stay at home when you are ill.
- In case of high body temperature, coughing and shortness of breath, consult a healthcare institution without delay.
You may reach other updated information regarding COVID-19 virus via our website on https://www.yeditepe.edu.tr/en/announcement/update-news-about-novel-coronavirus
Our contact e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org